Tryouts for Travel Soccer will take place on Monday, July 29th at 5:00pm at Wilson Field.
The YMCA and the Ellsworth Travel Soccer Club have joined forces to form a comprehensive soccer program for Ellsworth and the surrounding communities. We are in the process of forming a board to oversee youth soccer in the Ellsworth area. We believe this will strengthen soccer in the area. Here is some important info:
- There will be travel involved (…yes, “Travel” Soccer)
- Teams play 3 days home and 3 days away.
- The younger ages are usually in the Bangor area on away games (not guaranteed).
- The schedule will be released much later than we all would like…usually a few days before the first game.
- The older teams typically require more travel.
- All players must register for their appropriate age and gender. The player’ s age is their age on August 1, 2013. A player who is 9 on August 1, 2013 will sign up for U10 (the “U” means under).
- All players must provide a copy of their birth certificate at time of registration.
- All players must pay the $90 registration fee. There is a $10 sibling discount (certified coaches pay $45). Jersey, shorts and socks are included.
- All players must fill out the registration form.
- All players must attend a tryout.
- Tryout Date: July 29 at 5:00pm at the Demeyer Complex (meet at Wilson Field)
- Rain Date: July 30
- Team selection and coaches appointments: July 30
- Practices start: August 5
More information available on the Travel Soccer page.