As of May 24, 2021 Maine is allowing fully vaccinated people to be unmasked inside.
With respect to our unvaccinated and not yet vaccine eligible members and guests, be socially responsible and give everyone the space they need to feel safe here.
As we enter this next phase of the pandemic in Maine I am reminded about our YMCA core values.
Please be honest. If you are not vaccinated continue to wear a mask.
Please continue to care for our equipment and the health of others. Continue cleaning equipment.
Please continue to respect everyone’s personal space.
Please take responsibility for your health. If you are not feeling well, stay home and get better.
Specific Programmatic Changes as of Monday, May 24th
- Moore Center parents can enter the atrium for child drop-off and pick-up.
- Beechland Center parents can drop off and pick up at the classroom door.
- Temperature checks will no longer be taken at our fitness centers. There will be signage at the doors reminding of COVID symptoms and signs asking that if someone is experiencing symptoms they should not enter.
- Beginning June 1st: There will now be two swimmers allowed in each lane of both Wiggins and Lawrence Center pools, entering at opposite ends managed by the lifeguard on duty.
- Aquatics class limits in both Ellsworth and Blue Hill will increase to 25 participants per class.
- The Wiggins Center gymnasium limit for fitness classes increases to 40 participants per class.
- Lawrence Family Fitness Center class limits will vary by class and are still being determined.
Beginning Friday, June 4th we are bringing back Community Nights
- 5:30-7:30pm at both our Wiggins and Lawrence Center pools, max 50 people in the pool at a time. Access will be first come first served with a sign up sheet at the front desk.
- The Wiggins Center will also have Open Gym from 5:30-7:30pm
- These nights are free for YMCA members and residents of our supporting communities.
Beginning Sunday, June 6th from 10:30-12:00pm, we will have Community swim at both The Wiggins and Lawrence Centers as well as Open Gym at The Wiggins Center.
Effective immediately nationwide membership is back allowing YMCA members to use participating YMCA’s for free.
Showers are now open to community $5.00/shower