These protocols have been created to meet the requirements of the CDC and DHHS licensing rules and regulations for the state of Maine.
Full screening of all children and staff each day for COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever (body temperature of 100.4 or above) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches (not exercise related)
- Loss of taste or smell
- Nausea or vomiting
- Runny nose (along with other symptoms)
Strict health policy for staff and children requiring absence or being sent home if any of the listed symptoms are present:
- Staff or children displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend.
- Children will be required to stay home if anyone in the household is ill with COVID symptoms.
- If symptoms develop during the day, staff or children will be sent home immediately.
- Staff or children with symptoms should consult their medical provider to determine if they are in need of COVID-19 testing.
- Staff or children who are tested for COVID-19 may not return until a negative test result is returned.
- Staff or children can return when they have been symptom free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication or with a doctor’s note and/or a negative COVID test.
- Staff or enrolled children coming in close contact* with a positive case of COVID-19 ,at school or outside of school, must quarantine for 10 days regardless of a negative test result
*The CDC defines close contact as: ”someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes .over a 24 hour period, starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic clients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.”
Drop off/Pick up procedures to promote social distancing:
Moore Center atrium: Traffic pattern will be defined and enforced. Face coverings are required and hands must be sanitized prior to entry.
Beechland Building: Face coverings are required and hands must be sanitized prior to entry. ∙
- The number of families permitted to enter the facilities at one time will be limited to allow for social distancing when necessary
- Families will NOT be permitted to enter the childcare wing at Moore Center
- Families will NOT be permitted to enter classrooms at Beechland
- All car seats are to be left in cars. If this is not possible they can be left in the vestibules of each building.
- Only required items for your child may be dropped off. We are asking that nap items not go back and forth each day but be sent home at the end of the week.
Limited sharing of staff among the programs:
Children will be with their classroom or program teachers with limited crossover for staff unless necessary for state regulations or they are in their same pods.
Shared spaces will be used on a strict schedule to allow for detailed cleaning in between uses:
- The gym at the Moore Center will be used on a strict schedule
- Romper room or Adventure room will be utilized on a strict schedule with cleaning in between each use.
Added hand washing for all children and staff in addition to regular practices:
- Hand washing will occur frequently.
- Hands will be washed upon arrival prior to starting the day.
(Beechland families please wash hands before coming in or sanitize in entry for children being dropped off in the adventure room)
- Staff and all adults in the building must wear face coverings indoors.
- When outdoors face coverings will be worn when the following apply;
- We are face to face with a child or adult or
- Having a close interaction with a child or
- holding a child
Additional cleaning practices will be put into place:
- Items in common areas such as door handles will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Classroom tables and counters will be cleaned after every use. ∙ Disinfectant fogging of common areas will occur daily.
Confirmed case of COVID-19 in a facility protocol:
- If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed in a classroom there will be a minimum of a 24 hour shut down of all contaminated areas for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- The CDC will be contacted immediately.