Beechland Center Updates Tour
Beechland Center Drop-Off Procedure
Moore Center Updates & Drop-Off Procedure
Childcare: June 1st to June 29th Safety Protocols
- During the month of June, the YMCA child care facilities are only for children enrolled in care and staff. All parents and guardians will drop off and pick up at the front door of our facility (Moore or Beechland).
Screenings will include:
- Fever of 100.4° or above
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain (not exercise related)
- Loss of taste or smell
Screening Questions to be asked upon entry:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: Fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath? (If yes to any, no entry.)
- Have you been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19? (If yes, ask next questions.)
- Have you completed a 14-day stay-at-home quarantine since this contact? (If no, no entry.)
- Have you traveled out of the state recently? (If yes, ask next question.)
- Have you completed a 14-day stay-at-home quarantine since arriving back in the state? (If no, no entry.)
- Staff or child displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend and must be symptom free for 24 hours with no medication.
- Children will be required to stay home if a sibling or parent is ill.
- If symptoms develop during the day, staff or child will be sent home immediately.
- Drop off and pick up will take place outside of the childcare buildings.
- A limited number of parents/guardians will be permitted to wait in the designated area at the Moore Center. 6 foot separation between families will be required.
- Beechland Center will utilize the foyer and the circular drop off area for waiting families.
- A sign will be placed on the outside door with instructions for drop off or pick up in the absence of a staff person.
- All car seats are to be left in cars. If this is not possible, they can be left in the vestibules of each building.
- Only required items for your child may be dropped off and we are asking that nap items not go back and forth each day but be sent home at the end of the week.
- Children will be with their classroom or program teachers with limited crossover for staff, unless necessary for state regulations.
- No combining of programs unless necessary.
- Gym use will be for school aged children only (Moore Center).
- Romper room and Adventure room will be used on a schedule with deep cleaning between each use.
- Hand washing will occur frequently throughout the day.
- Hands will be washed upon arrival prior to starting the day.
- All children will eat in their classroom.
- Delivery of food and pick up of dishes will take place on a strict schedule to minimize the number of staff in/out of the kitchen.
- Meals will be pre-plated.
- During pick up and drop off and throughout the day when social distancing is not possible, all staff will wear face coverings.
- Adults dropping off and picking up children should be wearing face coverings.
- Items in common areas such as door handles will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Classroom tables and counters will be cleaned after every use.
- Total building disinfecting will occur nightly or as needed.
- If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed in a classroom there will be a minimum of a 24 hour shut down of all contaminated areas for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- All CDC guidelines will be followed.