Beechland Center Drop-Off Procedure
Moore Center Drop-Off Procedure
Childcare Safety Protocols
Screenings will include:
- Fever of 100.4° or above
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain (not exercise related)
- Loss of taste or smell
Screening Questions to be asked upon entry:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: Fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath? (If yes to any, no entry.)
- Have you been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19? (If yes, ask next questions.)
- Have you completed a 14-day stay-at-home quarantine since this contact? (If no, no entry.)
- Have you traveled out of the state recently? (If yes, ask next question.)
- Have you completed a 14-day stay-at-home quarantine since arriving back in the state? (If no, no entry.)
- Staff or children displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to attend.
- Children will be required to stay home if a sibling or parent is ill.
- If symptoms develop during the day, staff or children will be sent home immediately.
- Staff or children with symptoms should consult their medical provider to determine if they are in need of COVID-19 testing.
- Staff or children who are tested for COVID-19 may not return until a negative test result is returned.
- Staff or children can return when they have been symptom free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication or with a doctor’s note and no fever.
- Staff or enrolled children coming in close contact* with a positive case of COVID-19 must quarantine for 14 days regardless of a negative test result
*The CDC defines close contact as: ”someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic clients, 2 days prior to positive specimen collection) until the time the patient is isolated.”
- During the winter months, we have made adjustments to allow families to enter our child care lobbies:
- Moore Center atrium: Traffic pattern will be defined and enforced. Face coverings are required and hands must be sanitized prior to entry.
- Beechland lobby: Traffic pattern will be defined and enforced. Face coverings are required and hands must be sanitized prior to entry.
- The number of families permitted to enter the facilities at one time will be limited to allow for social distancing.
- Families will NOT be permitted to enter the childcare wings.
- All car seats are to be left in cars. If this is not possible they can be left in the vestibules of each building.
- Only required items for your child may be dropped off. We are asking that nap items not go back and forth each day but be sent home at the end of the week.
- Children will be with their classroom or program teachers with limited crossover for staff, unless necessary for state regulations.
- No combining of programs unless necessary.
- Gym use will be for school aged children only (Moore Center).
- Romper room and Adventure room will be used on a schedule with deep cleaning between each use.
- Hand washing will occur frequently throughout the day.
- Hands will be washed upon arrival prior to starting the day.
- All children will eat in their classrooms.
- Delivery of food and pick up of dishes will take place on a strict schedule to minimize the number of staff in/out of the kitchen.
- Meals will be pre-plated.
- Staff, adults and children age 5 and above must wear face coverings.
- Items in common areas such as door handles will be cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Classroom tables and counters will be cleaned after every use.
- Disinfectant fogging of common areas will occur daily.
- If a case of COVID-19 is confirmed in a classroom there will be a minimum of a 24 hour shut down of all contaminated areas for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- The CDC will be contacted immediately.
- All CDC guidelines and guidance will be followed.