We are excited to offer free basketball clinics for students entering 4th – 8th grades. Each clinic is open to twenty students with ten playing on each of our courts. Clinics are held at the outdoor courts on Forest Avenue, in Ellsworth.
Clinic Safety Protocols
- Noone is allowed to use the courts except for the Y. The coaches will have keys. We unlock them when we get there and lock them back up when we leave.
- All players will be temperature checked upon arrival. Any player with a reading of 100.4 or higher will be asked to leave.
- All players will be asked how they are feeling. If the answer is not good they will be asked to leave.
- All players must bring their own ball and water bottle which cannot be shared with anyone. All players will have a fence post to keep their belongings at and encourage physical distancing.
- All players and coaches are required to complete a waiver before participating. If they already filled out a waiver for swim, ASA or working out, they do not need another one.
- There will be no contact drills (3 v 2, 1 v 1, Rebounding, etc.)
- Clinics are for Hancock County Residents only per City regulations.
- DEFY Travel and Tournament basketball players have preference at this time to limit numbers. We hope to add recreational programs in the coming weeks.
Clinic Dates, Times and Grades
6th-8th Grade Girls
Tuesday, June 30: 4:30 – 5:30pm (Max 20 players using both courts)
Thursday, July 2: 3:30 – 4:30pm (Max 20 players using both courts)
Wednesday, July 8: 4:30 – 5:30pm (Max 20 players using both courts)
Thursday, July 9: 3:30 – 4:30pm (Max 20 players using both courts)
4th and 5th Grade Girls
Thursday, July 2: 5:30 – 6:30pm (Max 10 players using the lower court)
Thursday, July 9: 5:30 – 6:30pm (Max 10 players using the lower court)
7th and 8th Grade Boys
Wednesday, July 8: 5:45 – 6:45pm (Max 10 players using the upper court)
5th and 6th Grade Boys
Wednesday, July 8: 5:45 – 6:45pm (Max 10 players using the lower court)
To reserve a spot in a clinic, email Shane Lowell: [email protected].Please include the student’s name, grade entering in the fall, and time and date of clinic he/she will be attending.
Please provide a 24-hour notice if your student cannot attend a clinic that you have signed up for so we can make the space available for someone else.